Hi! Long time no post! 😉 I have been traveling all week. When I got home, I decided what I was going to do with Hope’s hair: try to restore it!
My first attempt to fix her hair was something I read about on the Internet. I boiled some water, poured it into a big bowl, and put Hope’s hair in it for about 5 minutes. When I took it out, it was still very frizzy. So I decided to try this tutorial:
This has a great, step by step tutorial to fix frizzy and dry OG doll hair. I decided to do it. Well, almost all of it. I didn’t condition her hair before I used the frizz serum on it.
Here is her hair right before I started. This is what I did:
1. Took a small section of hair.
2. Sprayed it lightly with some Frizz Serum.
3. Used a heated curling iron (on setting 5) and slowly ran it down the strand of hair.
4. Brushed it out with a wire brush and repeated Step 3 several times.
5. Repeated this on her whole head.
Here she is with half of her head done! It looks so much better!
The completed head of hair! I am SO excited with the results! It turned out much better than I expected.
Here are some more pics of her hair:
Here is what I ended up doing to her face. Freckles and red lips with acrylic paint! Do you like it?
Close-up of her face.
She is GORGEOUS! I will be putting her on the “Meet The Dolls” page soon!
Here are some before and after pics:
After! Pretty cool, huh?
I other news, I found yet another doll at Goodwill! Can you guess what doll I found?
Here are some hints:
1. She is not OG or AG.
2. She has and all-plastic body and limbs.
3. Her hair is curly with purple highlights.
4. She is 18″ tall.
Those are your hints, so start guessing! 😉
Have an awesome weekend!